This Guide for Authors and Reviewers based on the Dietary Guidelines for Americans, 2010 was created to help both authors and reviewers of nutrition-related consumer education materials move through the Dietary Guidance review process as efficiently and effectively as possible.
The sections in this Guide provide information in the following areas:
• Incorporating Health Literacy and Plain Language into Reviews – includes guidance applicable to both authors and reviewers.
• For Authors and Authoring Agencies – identifies the materials that require review and provides instructions for submitting materials for review, a checklist of required materials, and guidance on how to proceed after receiving comments on reviewed materials.
• For Reviewers – contains instructions for reviewing materials, including how to categorize and format comments for submission.
• Brief Summary: Dietary Guidelines for Americans, 2010 – provides synopsis of key points and recommendations.
• Dietary Guidelines for Americans, 2010 by Topic Area – explores topic areas within the DG with respect to definitions, acceptable terms, current intake level, evidence-based benefits and implications, and provides key recommendations, guidance, and consumer messages.
• Dietary Guidelines for Americans, 2010 Appendices, Tables, and Figures – lists appendices, tables, and figures available in the DG.
• Resources – provides additional web-based resources about DG topic areas.
Download the print-ready, formatted Guide for Authors and Reviewers (October 2012)
Table of Contents
II. Incorporating Health Literacy and Plain Language into Reviews
III. Authors and Authoring Agencies
V. Brief Summary: Dietary Guidelines for Americans, 2010
VI. Dietary Guidelines for Americans, 2010 by Topic Area
VII. Dietary Guidelines for Americans, 2010 Appendices, Tables, and Figures
IX. Index to the Guide