Archived Data Files for the Original Healthy Eating Index
The data files include the HEI and component scores as well as the Household ID, Respondent Number, and Day Code for merging or matching with the CSFII or NHANES data sets as applicable. The data are for each day that a respondent reported positive food intake for individuals 2 years of age and older. Please note that the USDA Reports on the HEI 1994-96 and 1999-2000 used day one intake data only.
You can download the HEI data in compressed, self-extracting SAS 6.12 or SPSS Portable formats. The 2001-2002 data are not compressed.
Extract the files by double clicking on them. Because some of the extracted files may have the same names, save each extracted file in its own unique folder. You can rename the extracted files to suit your needs.
- HEI 2001-2002 Data (SPSS Portable, zipped)
- HEI 2001-2002 Data (SAS Transport, zipped)
- HEI 2001-2002 Data (Excel)
- 2001-2002 Variety Database (SPSS Portable, zipped)
- 2001-2002 Variety Database (SAS, zipped)
- HEI 1999-2000 Data (SPSS Portable) -- Notes
- HEI 1999-2000 Data (SAS 6.12) -- Notes
- HEI 1998 for Children 2-9 Data (SPSS Portable)
- HEI 1998 for Children 2-9 Data (SAS 6.12)
- HEI 1994-96 Data (SPSS Portable)
- HEI 1994-96 Data (SAS 6.12)
- 1999-2000 Pyramid Servings (SPSS Portable)
- 1999-2000 Pyramid Servings (SAS)